Monday, May 2, 2011

Vatican Blog Meeting - Final Update



For another view on today's meeting, please take a look at what the Catholic News Agency has to say here.

The final contributors to this blogger conference have been concerned with the various media and social network outlets that the Holy See has. The Vatican is trying to bring all these outlets under one umbrella which is hoped to have the domain name news.va The meeting has really run out of steam now, dealing with more technical issues and I suspect that the bloggers gathered will feel a little shortchanged.

Still, this poor ending should not cloud the great energy and enthusiasm generated by this first meeting of Catholic bloggers. We are assured that this is the first attempt in the Holy See reaching out to the Catholic blogger community in the future. Please God, it is the start of something new and exciting.

1 comment:

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

Hi Ger,
I thoroughly enjoyed it but agree about the last part of the second session. I think that our meeting was a little squeezed ( maybe due to the JPII beatifiation ?)

I am hopeful though that this is just the start of something and a whole day convention next time would be better.
PS Thanks for following me on my blog !! I really appreciate it.
Blessings